Monday, November 4, 2013

Vocabulary #9


Ultimate- being or happening at the end of a process.
Being a kindergarten teacher was my ultimate decision after high school.
Interactive- acting one upon it with the other.
The teacher is very interactive with the class when he lectures.
Principle- accepted rule of action or conduct.
She was born into a very respectable family so she had good moral principles.
Guidance- leadership; direction; act of directing
My mother gives me great guidance in life decisions.
Collaboration- act of collaborating.
I hope one day the weeknd, frank ocean, and Miguel do a collaboration.
Formative- giving form or shape; development.
We all have out formative years.
Summative- something that is added.
A summative was needed to thin the paint.
Racism- hatred towards another race or races.
I hope for no racism to exist in the near future.
Intelligence- manifestation of a high mental capacity.
I believe intelligence will get you a long way and will lead you to success.
Policing- civil force for maintaining order, preventing crime, and enforcing laws.
Unrestrained- uncontrolled.
The dog fight was unrestrained because no one wanted to stop it and get hurt.
Provision- a law
There was no provision for lodgers so he bought a house.
Discretion- freedom of judgment or choice.
It is my discretion whether I stay or I leave.
Hyperbolic- exaggerating.
My sister is always hyperbolic when she tells on me after we get into arguments.
Impermissibly- not allowable
Being out later than curfew was impermissible.
Inflected- to modulate (the voice)
She inflected her voice to make the situation seem worse than it really was so they would feel bad for her.
Inevitably- unable to be avoided.
She was inevitably clueless when it came to cooking.
Render- to provide; to do; to become.
She would render all the supplies needed for the project so we wouldn't have to buy them.
Doctrine- a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated.
I believe the doctrine of faith in GOD.
Consent- permission fr something to happen.
My dad gave my boyfriend his consent to  propose.
Hunch- a guess based on intuition.
I had a hunch she was stealing after she had looked around suspiciously.
Predominant- main element.
I think meat is predominant to a dinner meal.
Seizure- the act of capturing someone using force.
The cops had to seizure the criminals so they wouldn't do bad anymore.
Warrant- a document by a legal official authorizing the police to make an arrest or search them or other action.
My cousin was on the run and had a warrant out for his arrest.
Infraction- a violation of a law or set of rules.
After robbing the bank, they had committed an infraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment